You can use the WordPress section of the hosting control panel to move or copy WordPress installations between directories or subdomains on the same hosting account by following the steps below:
1. Open the Manage WordPress installations subsection.
2. Find the WordPress installation in the list and click on the Edit icon for it. This will take you to the management page for the WordPress installation.
3. Select the target subdomain and directory on the account. At the same time, you can optionally choose a different domain, start using HTTPS or prefix the address with www. The "Choose domain" dropdown lists the main and parked domains associated with the account.
4. Click on the Change button.
5. You will be asked if you wish to move or copy the WordPress installation. If you wish to keep a copy of WordPress at the original location, please click on Copy. The two installations will use different MySQL databases and usernames. If you wish to delete the original installation, please click on Move.
If the source and target directories are overlapping, you won't have the option to copy WordPress, and only the Move option will be available.
Depending on the size of the WordPress installation, the process might run in the background.
When you move or copy WordPress to another directory, the tool performs the following actions:
- Copies/moves the files to the new directory.
- Creates a new database and database user.
- Copies/moves the data from the current database to the new one.
- Changes the Site URL (WordPress Address) setting.
- Changes the Home (Site Address) setting.
- Performs search and replace in the database, replacing the current address with the new address.
The usernames and passwords for the WordPress installation will remain the same.