You can use the WordPress section of the hosting control panel to change the Site URL of a WordPress installation by following the steps below:
1. Open the Manage WordPress installations subsection.
2. Find the WordPress installation in the list and click on the Edit icon for it. This will take you to the management page for the WordPress installation.
3. Select the Site URL using the controls under the Site URL section. A preview of the URL is shown below the controls. The controls are as follows:
Use HTTPS: Set the site to use HTTPS instead of HTTP. This is only possible if there is a valid SSL certificate installed for the host.
Use WWW: Add www. prefix for the address.
Choose subdomain: Choose the subdomain from the list of the subdomains created on the account.
Choose domain: Choose the domain from the list of the parked and main domains on the account.
Choose directory: Choose a directory in the selected subdomain. Leave empty for the root of the domain/subdomain. If you choose a directory that is different than the current one, you are effectively moving WordPress to that directory. Details about that can be found in our Moving WordPress between directories or subdomains on the hosting account article.
4. Click on the Change button.
When you change the address of WordPress, the tool performs the following actions:
- Changes the Site URL (WordPress Address) setting.
- Changes the Home (Site Address) setting.
- Performs search and replace in the database, replacing the current address with the new address.