75% OFF ALL NEW PLANS + 100-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Composer is a popular and powerful dependency manager for PHP which can be used for installing and updating other applications.
It is available on our servers by default, and you can use it via the composer binary. The full path to the composer binary is /usr/local/bin/composer.
Should you need to install a local copy of Composer, please follow these steps:
1. First, enable SSH and use it to connect to the server. You can find more information in the SSH section of our online documentation.
2. Once you have logged into the account using SSH, you will need to execute the following command:
3. You can then follow the official instructions on installing Composer - more specifically, there is a four-line script near the top of the page that you can either copy and paste in full, or run the individual lines one by one in your terminal screen:
4. Once you have completed the Composer installation, you should execute the following command:
echo "alias composer='php ~/.composer/composer.phar'" >> ~/.bashrc
5. Finally, close the current SSH session, then log back in again. This will make the Composer binary available in your path, and you will be able to execute it from any location on your account.