You need to follow these steps to install Zen Cart:
1. Download the installation from the site of the vendor. Zen Cart can be obtained from:
2. Once you have downloaded the archive that contains the installation, you need to upload it into your disk space.
You can either extract all the files from the downloaded archive and upload them, or you can upload the archive and use the web hosting Control Panel's File Manager to extract the package.
The best way to upload big files or multiple files is via FTP. If you are not sure how to upload the files, please visit this page.
If you are installing the application in your main domain, or in a subdomain, you may need to delete the default index.php file first. You can do this either via FTP or through your web hosting Control Panel's File Manager.
3. You need to create a MySQL database for the Zen Cart application. You can do this through your web hosting Control Panel's MySQL Databases section.
You also need to create a MySQL subuser for Zen Cart. You can create it from the MySQL Databases section of your Control Panel as well. Be sure to grant all privileges to the MySQL subuser.
4. You need to set up the time zone. To do this, you will need to first create and edit the global php.ini file for your account. Working with php.ini files is covered in this section of the online manual. The following line will be included the global php.ini file:
date.timezone = "America/New_York"
Replace America/New_York with the setting corresponding to your local time zone. A list of the time zones that you can use is available at http://php.net/timezones.
5. You need to access with your browser the directory in which the extracted Zen Cart files are located.
6. To begin the installation, click on the Click here link under point 1 on the installation screen.
7. After you start the installation, a System Inspection screen will be shown. Click on "Continue".
8. Check the Agree to license terms checkbox, then click on "Continue".
9. You will need to enter your database information. Please specify the following settings:
Database Host: localhost
Database User: You need to enter the MySQL username you created at your web hosting Control Panel's MySQL section for your Zen Cart application.
Database Password: You need to enter the password you assigned to your MySQL user.
Database Name: You need to specify the MySQL database you created for your Zen Cart application.
Demo Data: You can check the checkbox to load demo data into the database.
Database Character Set: Leave this setting as it is, unless you wish to use "Latin1".
Store Prefix: You can set a prefix of your choice for your database tables.
SQL Cache Method: Select the method for SQL caching. We recommend selecting "Database".
10. At the next step you need to configure your administrator account. After you complete this step, Zen Cart should be successfully installed under your account.
Please don't forget to remove or rename the /zc_install folder.
Important notice: You should monitor the site of the software vendor for any security updates of your installed application.