You can use the Copy mailbox tool available in the Migration section of the Control Panel to copy the contents of a local or remote mailbox to a local mailbox on your hosting account via IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol).
Follow these simple steps to copy a mailbox:
1. Log in to your hosting Control Panel, and go to the Migration section > Copy mailbox subsection.
Note: If the local mailbox is with an addon domain, make sure the correct domain is selected from the Domain drop-down menu in the Select a domain section.
2. Fill in the following details under Source IMAP account credentials:
- E-mail account: <type the user/address of the mailbox the contents of which you want to copy, e.g. [email protected]>
- Password: <type the password of that mailbox>
- Hostname: <type the hostname of the IMAP server, e.g. imap.remoteserver.com>
4. From the Destination mailbox drop-down menu, select the local mailbox where you want to copy the contents of the source mailbox.
5. Click on the Continue button, and allow some time for the process to complete.
A detailed log of each mailbox copy operation gets written in a directory called "imapsync" located in the /private directory of the hosting account.