75% OFF ALL NEW PLANS + 100-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Downloading a copy of a MySQL database
Here are the three easiest ways to export the SQL dump/schema file of a database:
If you wish to export your database via the MySQL Databases section of the hosting Control Panel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your hosting Control Panel.
- Enter the MySQL Databases section.
- Navigate to the Databases tab.
- Select the MySQL version of your database from the MySQL version drop-down menu.
- Click on the Export button next to the database you wish to export.
Once the export is complete, an information () icon will appear next to your database. Click on that icon to see information about the exported MySQL dump file.
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to export a database through phpMyAdmin in our Exporting a database using phpMyAdmin article.
You can use the Backup section of the hosting Control Panel to create a backup of all your MySQL databases. Detailed information on using the Backup section is available in our Backup article.